Friday, April 29, 2011

This is what happens when I buy a car:

Here's a chart of gas prices over the last few years. They plummeted when the economy melted down but quickly recovered to a bit less than 3 dollars a gallon, which is where they stayed until last fall.


Here's the same chart with a red line to show when I bought my car:


The first tank of gas that I bought for the car was about $3.10/gallon. Two months later, the cheapest gas near my apartment in California is $4.30/gallon. I would like to personally apologize to each and every American for the dramatic increase in gas prices since I bought my car. I'm pretty sure that if I hadn't purchased it, gas would still be right around 3 dollars a gallon.

2 comments:

  1. So.... does this mean gas prices will go down if you sell the car?

    Or do we have a situation in which gas prices go up every time you make any transaction having to do with a car?

    Your faithful correspondent,

    Boxer

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete